Some Early Memories

In 1912-13 or before, and until the 1914-18 War, there was a small shop with a couple of rooms at the rear occupied by a Mrs Kitchen, known to all as, "Granny Kitchen". She sold vegetables, fruit, lollies etcc, and every week obtained fresh fish from Swan Hill, or by train from Bendigo or Melbourne. Eventually the building was destroyed by fire, and Granny then lived in a 2 roomed unlined cottage on the corner of the sstreet and the main road, behind the Catholic Church. Sometime after Mrs Kitchen died, the building was removed.